Sunday, June 16, 2013

Getting my Donna fix!

It's been way too long since I had a class with my artist she-ro Donna Downey (Donna's blog here!). I was so happy that she was going to be in Florida and booked two classes at She Scrapbooks in The Villages to get my fix while I can :). The first class was "Paint like an Artist"...

 
I was really nervous about this class in particular - blank canvases and group settings are really outside of my comfort zone - but I knew Donna would be great as always and help me through...:). 
 
 
The whole process of adding layers upon layers was really fun and I went from this...
 
 
...to this!!
 
 
I love my piece and the experience was really rewarding and liberating. I can't wait to try this out with Madison and it's a great way to repurpose old canvases too :)
 
 The next class in the afternoon was "PanPastel Painting"...
 
 
This class was really different and I got to try out a whole new medium. PanPastels will definitely be something I'll work with again. I love how they blend and the colors are so vibrant...
 
 
Thank you to my family for making arrangements to make sure that I could be there and get my creative fill. And of course to the amazing Donna for being a constant source of inspiration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment